Funeral held for Warren Township teen stabbed in Manhattan; alleged killer released on bond

Rocco Rodden, 17, was stabbed early Thanksgiving morning following an altercation with a group of people in Manhattan.

Amanda Lee

Nov 30, 2023, 5:18 PM

Updated 207 days ago


A funeral was held on Thursday morning for a 17-year-old boy from Warren Township who was stabbed to death in Manhattan in the early hours of Thanksgiving Day. The teen accused of his death is being released on a $1 million bond.
Hundreds gathered at Saint Vincent De Paul Church in Stirling to remember 17-year-old Rocco Rodden just one week after his death. The mourners included Rodden’s football teammates from Saint Joseph’s Regional High School in Montvale.
“I’m always going to remember his smile. No matter what we were doing, no matter how many sprints we had to run, no matter how long we were in the weight room, in the film room, he always had a smile on his face,” teammate Justin Jean said.
Authorities say Rodden and his 19-year-old brother Anthony were attending a party on Thanksgiving eve at Liveaxe Lounge in Manhattan when several fights broke out overnight. Rodden and his brother were part of a group that began chasing 19-year-old Gianluca Bordone and others. Bordone reportedly stabbed Rocco Rodden twice and injured Anthony. The two were taken to the hospital where Rodden was pronounced dead.
“I still can’t believe this kid is gone. I don’t know how this is possible,” said Michael Savino, another teammate.
Rodden's family says they'll remember him as a "Remarkable young man whose life, though brief, was marked with extraordinary warmth, compassion and a deep sense of loyalty to his family and friends."
“If there’s a fight, walk away from it because it could be your last. Everyone who gets hurt is someone’s loved one. Whether it’s a sister, a brother, a son, or a teammate, someone loves them,” said Janice Ellison, Jean’s mother.
Bordone was caught by police several hours after the stabbing He was charged with first-degree manslaughter and assault. Per his first hearing on Wednesday, however, Bordone is set to be released on a $1 million bail bond and will be under house arrest until his next court date.

More from News 12