Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone provided his Monday COVID-19 update, where he detailed a tiny increase in county hospitalizations, breaking up an extended period of decreases.
- Bellone says county residents abided by social distancing guidelines over warm weekend, thanks all that played their part.
- Increase of 4 hospitalizations, total to 817.
- Bellone says despite increase, believes with Cuomo's comments on metrics needed to reach guidelines
to start reopening, believes county will meet that.
- 37,537 total Suffolk COVID-19 patients.
- Death toll rises by 17 to 1,273.
- 2,019 people who took antibody test, did not previously have positive test, but were found to have the antibodies.
- 864 hospital beds available, 192 ICU beds available.
- 33 COVID-19 hospital discharges.
- Other standards in being able to reopen including testing increase and contact tracing.
- Suffolk police testing program began Monday - aiming to test 400 officers, correction officers and more per day.
- Bellone details the Suffolk Forward and Main Street initiatives, including gift card program, job board, technology enhancement to assist small businesses, pandemic shift business workshops.