Student faces charges after lockdown at New Brunswick HS
A 16-year-old student is facing charges following a lockdown Friday at New Brunswick High School, police said Monday.
New Brunswick police said officers were called to the high school around 9:30 a.m. Friday for a report of a gun possibly being brought into the school.
The school was placed under lockdown until around 11:30 a.m. when officers determined the threat was false and that no gun had been brought into the building, police said.
The lockdown was lifted, but a male student was taken into custody during the police investigation, officials said.
Police said the 16-year-old, who was believed to be responsible for the threat, was taken into custody and charged with making terroristic threats and creating false public alarm. The student was not identified because he is a minor.
No additional details were released.