What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's rigatoni broccoli garlic confit
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make rigatoni broccoli garlic confit.
· 1 lb Uncle Giuseppe’s Fresh Rigatoni
· 1 lb Broccoli Crowns
· 4 oz Pecorino Romano grated
· 1 tsp Kosher Salt
· ½ tsp Black Pepper
For the Garlic Confit:
· 2 cups Uncle Giuseppe’s Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
· 15-20 cloves garlic (peeled)
· 1 sprig of Thyme
· 1 Bay Leaf
For the Confit:
1. Pre-heat oven to 250F.
2. Place garlic, herbs and oil into an 8x8 baking pan. Cover with aluminum and bake for 1 hour.
3. After 1 hour remove from oven, garlic should be soft. Set aside.
1. Cut broccoli crowns into small florets.
2. Cook pasta in heavily salted water and place in large mixing bowl, do not cool pasta.
3. Place broccoli florets into boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and combine with warm pasta.
4. Add garlic confit into bowl with pasta and broccoli.
5. Add pecorino, salt & pepper then mix.
6. Plate pasta and garnish with grated Pecorino Romano.