What's Cooking: Cauliflower Pasta
Stephen Gallagher, of The Trattoria in St. James, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make corteccia pasta with roasted cauliflower and golden raisins and garlic bread crumbs.
- 1 Package I Sapori del Vallo Cortecce Pasta
- 2 Medium Heads of Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- ¼ cup Golden Raisins
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic
- Grana Padano to Taste
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Chili Flakes to Taste
- Salt & Pepper
- Toasted Breadcrumbs for Garnish
- Heat oven to 375.
- On a baking sheet drizzle cauliflower with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast cauliflower until tender.
- While cauliflower is roasting, boil water for pasta.
- In a large saute pan, add olive oil. When oil is hot add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Saute on medium heat until fragrant and garlic is golden brown. Once garlic is browned, add the cauliflower, chilis and golden raisins.
- After pasta is cooked, transfer from pot to saute pan.
- Finish with toasted breadcrumbs and grana padano to taste.