Officials: Fire that damaged Ocean County tavern deemed accidental

The fire that destroyed a decades-old restaurant in Lacey Township has been deemed accidental.
The fire began Wednesday around 9 a.m.
According to officials, the fire started on a stove top and spread to a kitchen wall.
The fire sent heavy flames and thick smoke through the roof.
Numerous firefighters battled the blaze for about four hours before it was brought under control.
No one was injured, but one firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
Caffrey's Tavern was a popular hangout in Lacey Township. Some town residents were seen crying as they watched the fire department work to put out the flames.
The general manager told News 12 he vows to rebuild the tavern bigger and better than before.
Traffic was detoured around the fire scene for several hours, causing some travel delays in the area.
The Associated Press wire services contributed to this report.