Officials: 2 dead, 2 critical after boat capsizes in Long Island Sound

Two men have died and two others are in critical condition after a boat capsized in the Long Island Sound off Stamford's shores.
According to a release from the Stamford Fire Department, two of the men pulled from the water were unconscious and unresponsive. The two others were semi-responsive.
“The Noroton fire boat brought two of the injured men to awaiting ambulances at a shore location in Darien. The Stamford fire boat and Stamford police boat each brought in one of the injured boaters to awaiting Stamford EMS ambulances at West Beach in Stamford,” the statement says.
Three of the injured men were transported to Stamford Hospital. The fourth man removed was transported to Norwalk Hospital. One of the injured men transported to Stamford Hospital was pronounced dead “after lengthy life-saving efforts were made.” It was not immediately clear where the other man was pronounced dead. 
The Stamford Fire Department shared an image of where the incident took place. The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection say the men were one-mile offshore from West Beach in Stamford and wearing their life-jackets.
According to the Stamford Fire Department, initial information provided to first responders stated that three individuals were off of Shippan Point in a small 12-foot boat and “were not able to return to shore due to strong northwesterly winds and rough seas.”
They say the boat was being carried by the tide and wind “away from Stamford when the last cell phone call was made to a family member from one of those onboard the small vessel.
First responders were hampered in determining the exact location of the boat due to a language barrier and conflicting initial reports of the boat's last known location.”
The Stamford Police Department said in a statement that four boaters are Guatemalan nationals and Stamford residents. They aren’t releasing victims’ identities until the Guatemalan consulate is advised.
Marine resources were dispatched from the Darien Police Department, Noroton (Darien) Fire Department, the Greenwich Police Department, and the United States Coast Guard to assist in the rescue effort.