Gov. Phil Murphy provides update on winter storm response in New Jersey
Gov. Phil Murphy spoke with News 12 New Jersey to provide an update on the response to Thursday’s winter storm.
MORE: WEATHER CENTER
MORE: SCHOOL CLOSINGS
• The storm is expected to continue to impact New Jersey through Friday.
• New Jersey State Police have responded to more than 370 accidents on state roadways as of 4 p.m.
• New Jersey’s power grid is holding on well. Only around 55 power outages reported as of 4 p.m.
• Three of the state’s COVID-19 vaccine megasites are closed. This is mostly due to the governor not wanting to have people out on the roadways to go to their appointments.
• A commercial vehicle ban remains in effect on state roadways.
• New Jersey Transit is running on an approximately 15-minute delay. Riders should check the NJ Transit website for updates.
• State employees worked remotely on Thursday and are expected to continue to work remotely on Friday.
• Gov. Murphy’s best advice for all state residents is to stay home and stay off the roads.
Power center: Electric outage resources
IT’S TIME TO SHOVEL! 9 tips to help you dig out safely