Catering halls gear up for larger weddings and events amid loosening restrictions
Local catering venues are gearing up for larger parties starting Monday.
Last month, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced new guidance for weddings and catered events:
- Venues are restricted to 50 capacity, with no more than 150 people per event.
- All patrons must be tested prior to the event.
- Sign-in with contact information required to assist with potential contact tracing.
- Venues must notify local health departments of large events, above the social gathering limit, in advance.
- Masks will be required at all times except when seated and eating or drinking.
- Ceremonial and socially-distanced dancing allowed under strict guidelines.
News 12 spoke with the owners of Villa Barone Hilltop Manor in Mahopac to see how they are preparing.