What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's escarole and beans
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make escarole and beans.
1 bunch Escarole
1tbs Garlic (chopped)
2tbs Olive Oil
2 tbs White Wine
1 ½ cup Cannellini beans (rinsed)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Thoroughly wash, dry, and cut the escarole into thirds.
2. In a sauté pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Once oil is hot, add garlic and sauté until slightly golden.
4. Add the escarole and sauté for one minute.
5. Add the white wine and continue to sauté for another minute.
6. Add the beans, and season with salt and pepper.
7. Once the escarole has wilted down, remove from heat, and serve.