Overheated iPhone sparks battery to explode inside Union nail salon, fire officials say

An iPhone overheated so badly in Union that it sparked a fire inside a local business.
Fire officials say a business owner at Lovely Nancy Nails Salon acrylics reported he was changing an iPhone battery when the phone became really hot. They say he removed it from the desk to the floor and that's when the phone exploded and filled the room with smoke.
Fire officials say Union County Hazmat arrived and placed the battery in a five-gallon container and sealed it with fire suppression pellets inside. The container was removed and will be shipped to a holding company, fire officials say.
No one was injured from the exploding battery.
This incident comes after Apple had to update their iPhone 15's due to overheating.