Fire at vacant house in Linden causes partial collapse; no injuries

A vacant home caught fire in Linden early Friday morning, according to fire officials.
Linden Chief Jason Holobinko says the fire in the house on Meacham Avenue started in the basement. He says no one was injured in the fire.
“The basement had a door into the garage, a little step-down door. So, when it flashed over in the basement, it kind of charred everything in the garage too, and we had a partial collapse on the first floor,” Holobinko said.
There is no word yet on how the fire started.