READ MORE

Portal Bridge ‘cutover’ project to impact NJ Transit services. Here’s what it means for you.

More Stories






A water main break that shut down a section of Belmont Avenue in Haledon for most of the day has been repaired, but a boil water advisory remains in effect as officials await test results.
Haledon Public School will be closed Feb. 17 as a result of the boil water advisory. Manchester Regional High School will remain open.
The break happened around 6:30 a.m. on Belmont Avenue between Haledon and Bushmann avenues, borough officials said. Crews worked throughout the day to repair what the borough administrator described as a small, 6-inch water line. Repairs were completed around 6 p.m.
The borough administrator said water service should be back to normal for homes that experienced low or no pressure earlier in the day. However, residents in affected areas are still being advised to boil water until testing confirms it is safe to use.
Borough Administrator Mohammad Ramadan said it’s the latest incident in a busy winter for them in regard to these breaks, “I mean recently, with the coldest weather we’ve had, we’ve had three water main breaks back-to-back.” Ramadan said, “With the cold weather, and the temperatures rising and falling, it plays a big role,”
Official updates regarding the boil water advisory can be found at the Manchester Utilities Authority website.