Cat recovering after firecracker set off in rectum

A cat in Ohio is recovering after someone placed a lit firecracker inside its rectum.
The incident happened earlier this week in at an apartment complex in Mansfield, Ohio. The cat had apparently lived in the neighborhood for the past year.
The cat was seriously injured when the firecracker exploded but survived. She was taken to the veterinarian and underwent surgery.
The cat was taken in by the Humane Society of Richland County and named Katy P.
“The Humane Society of Richland County is committed to finding and prosecuting the person who is responsible for this horrific crime. Our Board of Directors is offering a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest of this sick person/persons,” said a post on the group’s Facebook page.