Trick-or-treat! Hoboken police offer safety tips for Halloween
To keep you and your family safe this Halloween - whether you’re going door to door or driving around town - Hoboken police offered up some safety tips.
Grab a flashlight and have a fun night with these tips for trick-or-treaters:
- If you are driving, slow down and have your headlights on. A lot of people will be walking and crossing the roads tonight.
- If you are walking around, wear something reflective.
- Keep open flames away from decorations. Use glow sticks or electric candles to light jack-o-lanterns.
- Leave the pumpkin carving for adults. Kids can help scoop out the seeds.
- Make sure costumes fit and that they’re not too long to avoid tripping.
- If you’re wearing a mask, make sure you or your child can breathe in it.
- Avoid eating candy until you get home so you can lay it out and take a closer look at it.
Check out these local rockin' Halloween displays below:
- Consider these 9 Halloween candy safety precautions before going trick-or-treating
- Additional safety precautions to take while out on Halloween
- TSA issues some traveling tips for safe and happy Halloween
- 8 tips to keep your furry friends safe during Halloween
- Carving a pumpkin? Here are 5 safety tips so injuries don't creep up on you.