New Jersey residents flock to snag Powerball tickets as jackpot grows to 2nd highest in US history
New Jersey residents are grabbing some Powerball tickets today with their morning coffee as the jackpot grows to the second highest amount in U.S. history.
Already six people in New Jersey have won $50,000 in Saturday night's drawing. The tickets all matched four of the white balls and a Powerball to win the third-tier prize.
The tickets were sold at the following stores:
- Quick Chek on Route 10 in Denville (Morris County)
- Quick Mart Food Store on S Livingston Avenue in Livingston (Essex County)
- 130 Food Mart on Route 130 in North Delran (Burlington County)
- Kc'S Korner on Oaktree Avenue in South Plainfield (Middlesex County)
- Snack Shack on Lower Main Street in Aberdeen (Monmouth County)
- Soda King on Gordons Corner Road in Manalapan (Monmouth County)
- The Powerball jackpot is now up to $1.73 billion.
MORE: Second biggest lottery prize ever is up for grabs in Powerball drawing
The Powerball jackpot is now up to $1.73 billion.