What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's zesty broccoli and cauliflower
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make zesty broccoli and cauliflower.
2 head Broccoli
2 head Cauliflower
1 ¼ cup Olive oil
1 tsp. Salt
½ tsp Black pepper
1 cup Shelled Pistachio
¼ tsp Fennel seed
1. Cut broccoli and cauliflower into large florets and place into a large bowl.
2. Cut the lemons thick slices and place in the bowl.
3. Add garlic cloves, 1 cup of oil, salt, black pepper and lemons to the bowl
4. Mix well.
5. Transfer the contents of the bowl to a roasting pan making sure no to over crowd the pan.
6. Roast at 450 deg for twenty minutes or until the broccoli looks semi charred.
7. Place the pistachio and fennel seed in a food possessor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
8. Remove ¾ of the pistachio mixture and set aside.
9. Add a ¼ cup of olive oil to the food processor and blend the pistachio mixture until it resembles a paste and set aside.
10. Once the product has finished roasting add the contents to a bowl and add the pistachio mixture and mix well.
11. Place pistachio paste on a plate and top with the roasted broccoli and cauliflower.