NJDOT issues commercial vehicle restrictions on multiple highways ahead of icy weather
The New Jersey Department of Transportation has issued commercial vehicle restrictions on multiple interstate highways due to icy winter weather that will arrive by Friday.
Friday is expected to see icy weather that could make traveling around the state dangerous
SCHOOL CLOSINGS: Closings, delays and schedule changes for schools and organizations
The restrictions begin at midnight Friday. In addition to the commercial restrictions, drivers are urged to avoid unnecessary travel Friday and to use caution if they do have to drive.
The commercial restrictions are on the following highways:
• I-78, entire length from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
• I-80, entire length from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
• I-195, entire length from I-295 to NJ Route 138
• I-280, entire length from I-80 to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
• I-287, entire length from NJ Route 440 to the New York State border
• I-295, from I-195 to the Scudders Falls Bridge (Pennsylvania border)
• NJ Route 440, from the Outerbridge Crossing to I-287
DOT says that the travel restrictions apply to:
• All tractor-trailers
• Empty straight CDL-weighted trucks
• Passenger vehicles pulling trailers
• Recreational vehicles
The restrictions do not apply to New Jersey Turnpike, Garden State Parkway or Atlantic City Expressway.