Published reports: Man considers suing lawmaker who called him ‘jerk’ over tiny tipPosted: Updated:
Published reports say a restaurant patron is considering suing a lawmaker in Monmouth County who called him a 'jerk' on Twitter, and even called him out by name, for leaving a 74-cent tip on a bill over $100.
Republican Sen. Declan O'Scanlon shared an unedited photo of Anthony Dierolf's signed receipt on Twitter after hearing about a customer at the Colts Neck Inn who left a 74-cent tip on a $119.26 bill.
Dierolf, 37, of Pennsylvania, says he has spoken with lawyers to figure out what action he can take for having his personal information put on the internet.
O'Scanlon is drawing support, but also concern that an elected official was calling out a private citizen.
A woman claiming to be the waitress tweeted at O'Scanlon to thank him for standing up for her.
O'Scanlon has not removed the tweet.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Law enforcement officials have issued an Amber Alert for a 5-year-old girl who went missing in Bridgeton Monday afternoon.
- Members of the northern New Jersey community have come together to mourn with and support the family of a 2-year-old boy struck and killed by a dump truck Monday morning.
- Dozens of children were forced to leave the soccer field Monday when fumes coming from the Keegan Landfill became too dangerous.
- Family members of a missing Monmouth County woman say that they fear something bad happened to her prior to her home being set on fire.
- New Jersey authorities say four police officers caught on camera kicking a man after a fiery crash will not face jail time.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.
- A variety of artists will be performing at the Prudential Center in Newark for the rest of 2019 and beyond. Ticket information for the various shows can be found HERE.