Rutgers football player charged in murder plot to remain jailedPosted: Updated:
(AP) - A former Rutgers University football player accused of plotting a murder will remain jailed for at least a few more days.
Izaia Bullock was due to learn Friday whether he would be freed while awaiting trial or remain in custody. But a judge granted his lawyer's request for an adjournment so he could have more time to review evidence and related materials
The hearing is now scheduled for Wednesday.
Middlesex County prosecutors have charged the 22-year-old Piscataway man with two counts each of attempted murder and conspiracy, as well as a single count of cyber harassment.
Prosecutors say Bullock was plotting to murder family members of an acquaintance. The junior linebacker from Linden has been dismissed from the team and the university is initiating disciplinary proceedings.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- State police are asking for the public’s help finding the man who used a bar to try and burglarize a pizzeria in Monmouth County.
- A Mount Arlington man is facing sexual assault charges for an alleged incident involving a toddler.A Mount Arlington man is facing sexual assault charges for an alleged incident involving a toddler.
- Police say a man managed to rob two banks in the span of 10 minutes in Newark Saturday.Police say a man managed to rob two banks in the span of 10 minutes in Newark Saturday.
- Authorities say a suspended New Jersey police officer and his wife have been indicted on more serious charges in the death of their 3-month-old daughter last year.
- Police say a teacher in Tenafly was arrested on child pornography charges.Police say a teacher in Tenafly was arrested on child pornography charges.
- A viewer named Kelly tells News 12 her 5-year-old son threw a crab line, with no bait and just a sinker, into a lagoon in Lavallette – and hooked a 300-pound sunfish.
- It's one of the most popular video games in the world – but millions of gamers can't play!It's one of the most popular video games in the world – but millions of gamers can't play!
- The Cumberland County community is mourning a 10-year-old girl who was killed in an amusement ride accident at a local fair.
- Police in West Windsor are warning residents about a reported attempted luring after an 11-year-old boy was approached by a vehicle on his way home from school.
- New Jersey's black bear hunt got underway Monday.New Jersey's black bear hunt got underway Monday.