What's Cooking: Margherita Pizza
Christopher Massimo Luciano, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make Margherita Pizza.
8 oz Fresh pizza dough
4 oz Pizza sauce
4 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese
4 oz Fresh mozzarella cheese
1 oz Extra virgin olive oil
1 oz Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Pre-heat home oven to 400 degrees
1. Flour each side of fresh pizza dough.
2. Form a crust using your hands to your desired thickness.
3. Flatten the center of the dough.
4. Repeat the crust and flattening on the reverse side of the dough.
5. Place dough on either a pizza stone or cookie sheet.
6. Add 4 oz shredded mozzarella to dough.
7. Add 4 oz of pizza sauce in dollops spread evenly throughout the dough.
8. Add 4 oz of fresh mozzarella, cut into even pieces and spread evenly throughout dough.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, cook 5 minutes past golden brown to make it well done.
10. After the pizza is cooked, add basil leaves, 1 oz grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and 1 oz extra virgin olive oil.