Wake held for Freehold woman who went missing in October

Services were held Thursday for a Freehold woman who went missing in October.
The wake for 25-year-old Stephanie Parze was held at Saint Rose of Lima Chapel in Freehold. News 12 New Jersey was told that dozens of people showed up for the service, with a line wrapped around the chapel with mourners waiting to get inside to pay their respects.
Parze went missing on Oct. 30 after attending a family gathering. Her disappearance sparked a large search effort from law enforcement officials and volunteers.
Parze’s body was ultimately found Sunday afternoon in a wooded area in Old Bridge.
According to the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, Parze's ex-boyfriend John Ozbilgen killed her and hid her body.
Ozbilgen had been a person of interest since the beginning of the investigation but was never officially charged with her murder. He had been facing child pornography charges but was ultimately released from jail. He committed suicide soon after.
Officials say that Ozbilgen confessed to the murder in a suicide note.
"In the note, John Ozbilgen stated he had enough and that he could not do life in prison. He also admitted that what his parents would hear in the news was true. Except for charges of child pornography,” Monmouth County prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said at a news conference.
Parze’s family says that they will start a foundation in her honor to help battered women.
A funeral service will be held Friday at 10 a.m. at the Saint Rose of Lima Old Church in Freehold.