Worker at ShopRite location in New Jersey tests positive for coronavirusPosted: Updated:
ShopRIte says a worker at its location in Garwood has tested positive for coronavirus, the third reported positive case of the virus among the chain's workers across New Jersey.
Photos: The Impact of Coronavirus Around the World
VIRUS TRACKER: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut coronavirus cases and deaths
MORE: LIVE BLOG - Coronavirus updates from the tri-state area and beyond
MORE: New Jersey Coronavirus Dashboard
FULL COVERAGE: Coronavirus Pandemic
In a post on Facebook, the company says, in part, “We do have an associate with a confirmed case of COVID-19 at ShopRite of Garwood. You should know that ShopRite is prepared, and we have implemented the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended protocol to reduce the spread of the virus.”
The company went on to say that the employee is no longer at the store, and any colleagues who came in close contact with them are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
PHOTOS: Scenes of eerie calm amid coronavirus pandemic
Employees at ShopRite locations in Newark and Morristown were also previously confirmed positive.
It is not clear if any of the cases were connected.
MORE: Your Coronavirus self-isolation photos
- From all the regions at News 12 – Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Bronx, Brooklyn and the Hudson Valley – we want to assure you, we’re all in this together.From all the regions at News 12 – Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Bronx, Brooklyn and the Hudson Valley – we want to assure you, we’re all in this together.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- The CDC says that the use of simple cloth masks can help slow the spread of COVID-19. Here are tips on how to use them and make them.The CDC says that the use of simple cloth masks can help slow the spread of COVID-19. Here are tips on how to use them and make them.
- Gov. Phil Murphy is holding a news conference with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic in New Jersey.Gov. Phil Murphy is holding a news conference with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic in New Jersey.
- Latest updates - Tiger tests positive for virus, Boris Johnson hospitalized, NY eyes apex of cases, US surgeon general warns of 'the hardest and the saddest week,' 1,000 military personnel deploying to NY.
- At least 24 ShopRites across New Jersey have workers sick with the coronavirus, according to a published report.
- Home testing for the new coronavirus may sound like a good idea, but U.S. regulators say it’s still too risky.Home testing for the new coronavirus may sound like a good idea, but U.S. regulators say it’s still too risky.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.