Fairfield Rainbows of Hope has families put up signs of hope, or rainbows, in windowsPosted: Updated:
The Fairfield Police Department, as well as local schools, have teamed up to promote Fairfield Rainbows of Hope, asking families to put up signs of hope, or rainbows, in their windows.
Your Rainbow Hunt Photos
Residents can print them off the internet, like they did at the police department and at town hall. They can also have their kids be creative.
"Color on piece of paper, a fun little project, something to do in the house,” says police officer Stacy Chiarolanza. “You can do it also on sidewalks. "
Photos: The Impact of Coronavirus Around the World
Police officers are putting them on their patrol cars in the form of stickers, and residents are asked if they see something, say something -- socially at least. Take a picture and post it.
VIRUS TRACKER: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut coronavirus cases and deaths
MORE: LIVE BLOG - Coronavirus updates from the tri-state area and beyond
MORE: New Jersey Coronavirus Dashboard
FULL COVERAGE: Coronavirus Pandemic
"Hashtags are "it will be okay" and hashtag "rainbow of hope",” says Chiarolanza.
PHOTOS: Scenes of eerie calm amid coronavirus pandemic
The project was apparently inspired by children from Spain and Italy, who posted their own artwork in windows of their homes for their neighbors to enjoy it.
On just a few blocks in Fairfield, every color of the rainbow can be found in many windows. Other towns in New Jersey and across the U.S. are also on board. Communities near and far are hoping to spread hope, to feel connected and send a message that everything will be OK.
MORE: Your Coronavirus self-isolation photos
- If you are experiencing symptoms or think you may have been exposed to coronaivurs, here is a list of coronavirus testing sites in the tri-state area.
- From all the regions at News 12 – Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Bronx, Brooklyn and the Hudson Valley – we want to assure you, we’re all in this together.
- Gov. Phil Murphy and state officials are discussing the latest updates on the coronavirus crisis in New Jersey.
- Latest updates - Trump tests negative again, stimulus checks are on the way and help on the way for small businesses.Latest updates - NYC mayor says DOH guidance urges face coverings in public, Trump tests negative again, stimulus checks are on the way and help on the way for small businesses.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>