ShopRite, Stop & Shop among stores setting aside time specifically for seniors, othersPosted: Updated:
Special hours for certain supermarkets across New Jersey, including Jersey City, began this morning, as many shelves remain bare.
Photos: The Impact of Coronavirus Around the World
The ShopRite off of Marin Boulevard in Jersey City is setting aside time starting today, from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. until further notice, specifically for seniors and people who are disabled or pregnant, before the general public is permitted inside.
"We're trying our best to facilitate, making it easier, but it's tough for everybody,” says Mayor Steven Fulop. “We're working through this and we're going to fine-tune this in the next couple of days to make it a little bit cleaner."
Your Coronavirus Photos
Unfortunately, finding toilet paper, even with an hour head start, appears to still be difficult.
“As a person of faith, I look at it a little differently,” says Audrey Moyd of Jersey City. “I refuse fear at all levels and I encourage people don't be afraid. It's going to be all right.”
- From all the regions at News 12 – Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Bronx, Brooklyn and the Hudson Valley – we want to assure you, we’re all in this together.From all the regions at News 12 – Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Bronx, Brooklyn and the Hudson Valley – we want to assure you, we’re all in this together.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- The CDC says that the use of simple cloth masks can help slow the spread of COVID-19. Here are tips on how to use them and make them.The CDC says that the use of simple cloth masks can help slow the spread of COVID-19. Here are tips on how to use them and make them.
- Gov. Phil Murphy is holding a news conference with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic in New Jersey.
- Latest updates - Murphy says NJ death toll surpasses 1,000, Cuomo says there is 'possible flattening of the curve' in NY, U.S. Open postponed until September and Europe sees hopeful signs.
- At least 24 ShopRites across New Jersey have workers sick with the coronavirus, according to a published report.
- As we all practice social distancing, many are looking for fun and engaging things to do and learn. Well, why not learn about the weather!
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.