News 12’s Brian Donohue tries to find the perfect hand-washing songPosted: Updated:
With fears of the coronavirus on everyone’s mind – New Jersey health officials are reminding the public to wash their hands often to prevent the spread of the virus.
Health experts say that to thoroughly wash one’s hand, it is important to use soap and warm water and to scrub for 20 seconds. Experts suggest singing the “Happy Birthday” song twice while hand-washing to ensure that 20 seconds have passed.
Photos: The Impact of Coronavirus Around the World
But News 12’s Brian Donohue thinks that the “Happy Birthday” song is boring, so he went to the Princeton Record Exchange to see if music lovers had any other suggestions for hand-washing songs.
Suggestions included: The theme song to “Doctor Who,” “The Brady Bunch” theme song, and even the first chorus to the Snoop Dogg song “Gin and Juice.”
Whatever song New Jerseyans sing, they are reminded to continue to practice healthy hygiene to prevent the spread of coronavirus COVID-19.
Will A Mask Really Protect You From Coronavirus? - Cheddar Explains
- From all the regions at News 12 – Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Bronx, Brooklyn and the Hudson Valley – we want to assure you, we’re all in this together.
- The CDC says that the use of simple cloth masks can help slow the spread of COVID-19. Here are tips on how to use them and make them.
- Gov. Phil Murphy is holding a news conference with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic in New Jersey.
- Latest updates - Cuomo says there is 'possible flattening of the curve' in NY, U.S. Open postponed until September and Europe sees hopeful signs.Latest updates - Cuomo says there is 'possible flattening of the curve' in NY, U.S. Open postponed until September and Europe sees hopeful signs.
- At least 24 ShopRites across New Jersey have workers sick with the coronavirus, according to a published report.
- Home testing for the new coronavirus may sound like a good idea, but U.S. regulators say it’s still too risky.Home testing for the new coronavirus may sound like a good idea, but U.S. regulators say it’s still too risky.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.