Authorities: 1 dead, 3 hurt in stabbing outside Plainfield nightclubPosted: Updated:
Authorities say one person was killed and three others were hurt in a stabbing outside of a Plainfield nightclub early Sunday morning.
Plainfield police responded to a report of a stabbing at the Chez Maree nightclub on Watchung Avenue shortly after 2 a.m. There they found four men with stab wounds.
One of the men was pronounced dead. His identity is being withheld pending the notification of his family.
The three other men were hospitalized.
The stabbing is under investigation by the Union County Prosecutor’s Office Homicide Task Force, Plainfield police and the Union County Sheriff’s Office.
Union County Crime Stoppers are offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment in the case. Tips can be given anonymously by phone at 908-654-TIPS (8477) or at UCTip.org.
- A Monmouth County man is facing terroristic threat charges for allegedly coughing on a Wegmans store employee and telling her that he had the coronavirus.
- The owner of a Bergen County 7-Eleven is facing charges for allegedly selling a homemade sanitizer spray that left a group of young boys with burns.
- A teacher and volleyball coach at Morris Catholic High School is accused of sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
- A Monmouth County Pizza Hut employee allegedly made up a story about a robbery at the store because he “wanted to look favorable with corporate,” according to police.
- A father and son have been sentenced for running a scheme to illegally exchange nearly $3.5 million in food stamp benefits for cash at a supermarket where they worked.
- Gov. Phil Murphy says New Jersey's death toll from the coronavirus is approaching 300 a day after the tally reached about 200.
- Latest updates - White House projects 100,000-240,000 deaths if social distancing is maintained, de Blasio gives update from Billie Jean King National Tennis Center and Gov. Murphy answers questions on News 12 New Jersey.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
White House projects 100K-240K US deaths from coronavirus pandemic if social distancing is maintainedTrump called on Americans to brace themselves for a "rough two-week period" but predicted the country would soon see a "light at the end of the tunnel" of the global catastrophe that has killed more than 3,500 Americans and infected 170,000 more.
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy answers your questions about the coronavirus outbreak in New Jersey.New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy answers your questions about the coronavirus outbreak in New Jersey.