Special Olympics New Jersey holds Winter Games competition at Mountain Creek ResortPosted: Updated:
Special Olympics New Jersey is continuing its Winter Games competition for the 42nd year, as 2020 marks the 52nd Anniversary of Special Olympics.
Over 250 athletes from all over New Jersey are performing in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults at the Mountain Creek Resort in Vernon, including skiing, snowboarding, speed skating and more.
For four decades, Special Olympics New Jersey has been holding its Winter Games at Mountain Creek.
Athletes range from 8 years old to 80.
- A large fire destroyed a multifamily home in Passaic County and sent at least one person to the hospital.
- Three people were hospitalized after a school bus and two other vehicles collided in Bridgewater.Three people were hospitalized after a school bus and two other vehicles collided in Bridgewater.
- Authorities are awaiting autopsy results after police recovered the bodies of two newborns from a recycling center in Middlesex County.
- A car crash that killed an 18-year-old Warren Hills Regional High School student Wednesday night has been ruled a suicide, according to a report by LehighvalleyLive.com.
- Police in New Orleans say a woman was struck and killed by a parade float as the city celebrated Mardi Gras.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Send us photos of all of the pets you love!Send us photos of all of the pets you love!
- Baseball season is right around the corner, and the Mets have reported to their spring training facility. Take a look at some of the sights from Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- The Yankees have a World Series title on their mind in 2020, but it all begins with spring training. Take a look at some of the sights from Tampa, Florida.
- The NASCAR Daytona 500 auto race took place at Daytona International Speedway Feb. 17, in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!