Power & Politics - Full Show for Jan. 25Posted: Updated:
This week on NJ Power & Politics, the impeachment trial of President Trump began, and New Jersey’s junior senator, Democrat Cory Booker, gives us his perspective on the proceedings so far.
And constitutional law scholar Eugene Mazo, Visiting Associate Professor at Rutgers Law School in Newark, provides some history and information about the impeachment process.
Watch New Jersey Power & Politics at 9 p.m. Friday, plus Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on News 12 New Jersey.
- Gov. Phil Murphy says New Jersey's death toll from the coronavirus is approaching 300 a day after the tally reached about 200.
- Latest updates - White House projects 100,000-240,000 deaths if social distancing is maintained, de Blasio gives update from Billie Jean King National Tennis Center and Gov. Murphy answers questions on News 12 New Jersey.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
White House projects 100K-240K US deaths from coronavirus pandemic if social distancing is maintainedTrump called on Americans to brace themselves for a "rough two-week period" but predicted the country would soon see a "light at the end of the tunnel" of the global catastrophe that has killed more than 3,500 Americans and infected 170,000 more.
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy answers your questions about the coronavirus outbreak in New Jersey.New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy answers your questions about the coronavirus outbreak in New Jersey.
Power & Politics showsMore>>
- Political analyst Steve Adubato talks to host Alex Zdan about Gov. Phil Murphy’s proposals to lower property taxes.
- Murphy is proposing reforms to anti-harassment laws in the state, including an updated definition of a hostile work environment and expanding protections to domestic workers and unpaid interns.
Power & PoliticsMore>>
- Rep. Josh Gottheimer and the mayor of Jersey City join the show for the latest on the coronavirus outbreak.
- A working group designed to identify and root out sexual harassment, sexism and misogyny in New Jersey held its second public forum on Monday.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.