Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Coastal Flood ADVISORY in effect for:
Feds: Alleged sex trafficker kidnapped woman; recruited 14-year-old to work as prostitutePosted: Updated:
Federal prosecutors say a woman kidnapped from the Atlantic City boardwalk, as well as a 14-year-old girl, were victims of a man arrested on sex trafficking charges.
David Williams was held without bail Tuesday after a brief appearance in Manhattan federal court.
According to U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman, Williams allegedly kidnapped, raped and forced women into prostitution.
If convicted, Williams could face life in prison. His attorney declined comment.
Prosecutors say Williams ran a sex trafficking business from the Bronx.
They say he kidnapped a woman in Atlantic City last February and recruited a 14-year-old girl two months earlier to work as a prostitute.
AP wire services helped contribute to this report.
- Gov. Phil Murphy and state officials discuss the latest updates on the coronavirus crisis in New Jersey.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Latest updates - NY assemblyman dies, Cuomo reports NY's highest single-day death toll, NJ moves primary elections and Murphy orders nonessential construction to stop.Latest updates - Pence warns Philadelphia emerging as potential hot spot, NY assemblyman dies, Cuomo reports NY's highest single-day death toll, NJ moves primary elections and Murphy orders nonessential construction to stop.
- Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!