Report: Missing woman may have stayed with ex-boyfriend on the night before she vanishedPosted: Updated:
The mother of a missing Freehold woman says that her daughter may have stayed with her ex-boyfriend at her home the night before she disappeared.
In 911 calls obtained by NJ.com, Sharlene Parze told the 911 operator that her daughter Stephanie was missing. She told the operators that she contacted Stephanie’s ex-boyfriend, John Ozbilgen, and he said that he stayed at Stephanie’s place the night before.
Stephanie Parze was last seen on Oct. 30 after she left a function with her family.
Police named Ozbilgen as a person of interest in her disappearance. Parze and Ozbilgen had been in a domestic dispute, according to court documents. He also allegedly sent her a series of threatening texts on the night she went missing.
Ozbilgen was subsequently arrested for allegedly possessing images of child pornography. He was eventually released from jail and took his own life on Nov. 22.
Parze has not been found. Friends and family have organized various search efforts in New Jersey and New York.
If anyone has any information on the case, they can contact the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office at 732-431-7160.
MORE COVERAGE: Man named person of interest in ex-girlfriend's disappearance found dead
Family of missing Freehold woman organizes volunteer search for her Prosecutor: Ex-boyfriend of missing woman sent profanity-laced texts on night she disappeared
Family of missing woman won’t put up Christmas lights until she is found
Police continue searching Staten Island park for signs of missing Freehold woman
Police question person of interest in case of missing Freehold woman Stephanie Parze
- A United Airlines flight to Los Angeles had to return to Newark Liberty International Airport Wednesday night after passengers saw flames coming from one of the engines.
- The impeachment trial of President Donald Trump has opened in the Senate.The impeachment trial of President Donald Trump has opened in the Senate.
- “Jersey Shore” star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro had to get a restraining order against his on-off girlfriend, Jen Harley, after Ortiz-Magro claimed Harley attacked him using eyeliner she found in the trash, according to TMZ.
- The town of Palisades Park is changing its BYOB policy following an uptick in alcohol-related incidents.
- Officials have a warning for residents and pet owners in Summit after a raccoon tested positive for rabies.Officials have a warning for residents and pet owners in Summit after a raccoon tested positive for rabies.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans were expected to spend $490 million on costumes for their pets this past Halloween. But there's another special day to celebrate your furry friend!
- The National Board of Review assembled many of the regulars of this year’s awards season in the annual, untelevised gala dinner at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in midtown Manhattan.
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.