Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Coastal Flood ADVISORY in effect for:
New Jersey has 2nd lowest depression rate in US, behind only HawaiiPosted: Updated:
New analysis shows New Jersey has the second lowest depression rate in the U.S., behind only Hawaii.
The analysis was released by QuoteWizard, a LendingTree company.
According to the website, 12.98% of New Jersey adults are depressed, compared to 11.76% of Hawaii residents and 14.48% of California residents.
The website determined the average depression rate in each state by using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the years 2014 to 2018.
The report also found over the five-year study, New Jersey also posted one of the more impressive declines in depression.
California was ranked the third lowest.
The state with the highest rate of depression was Oregon, followed by West Virginia and Maine.
- Gov. Phil Murphy and state officials discuss the latest updates on the coronavirus crisis in New Jersey.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Latest updates - NY assemblyman dies, Cuomo reports NY's highest single-day death toll, NJ moves primary elections and Murphy orders nonessential construction to stop.Latest updates - Pence warns Philadelphia emerging as potential hot spot, NY assemblyman dies, Cuomo reports NY's highest single-day death toll, NJ moves primary elections and Murphy orders nonessential construction to stop.
- Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.
- New Jerseyans out of work due to COVID-19 are finding it impossible to claim unemployment benefits because of obsolete government technology and staffers overwhelmed by the volume of calls.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!