Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Special Weather STATEMENT in effect for:
Storm system brings wild weather to New JerseyPosted: Updated:
A potent storm system that brought snow to southern California and a blizzard to the upper Midwest also caused some wild weather in New Jersey.
The storm brought strong wind to the New Jersey coast and caused flooding on some roadways around the Jersey Shore.
Some roads were closed in Port Monmouth and traffic on Route 36 in Sea Bright was slowed due to flooding.
The storm brought mostly rain to New Jersey, but there were some reports of hail storms in areas such as Denville. Hail is rare in the winter months. There were also reports of thunder and lightning associated with the hailstorm.
The storm will clear up by Tuesday morning.
- The statewide total number of coronavirus cases in New Jersey now stands at 51,027 cases, after Gov. Phil Murphy just announced 3,748 new cases.
- Gov. Phil Murphy answers your questions about the COVID-19 outbreak in New Jersey in this special edition of "Ask Gov. Murphy."
- President Donald Trump called the testing operation in the U.S. “by far the most sophisticated and the best anywhere.”
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Latest updates - UFC 249 canceled, task force says more than 2 million tested in the U.S., 'SNL' to return with remote episode, and Connecticut delays schools reopening until May 20.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!