Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Coastal Flood ADVISORY in effect for:
Songwriter Allee Willis, who wrote ‘Friends’ theme song, diesPosted: Updated:
Allee Willis, a songwriter whose work included the Broadway musical "The Color Purple", as well as the theme song from the TV show “Friends” and Earth, Wind & Fire’s “September,” has died.
Her publicist told The New York Times the cause of death was a cardiac event.
Willis was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame back in 2018.
She won a Grammy more than 30 years ago and had been nominated for Tony and Emmy awards.
Willis grew up in Detroit on the sounds of Motown.
She was 72.
AP wire services helped contribute to this report.
- Gov. Phil Murphy and state officials discuss the latest updates on the coronavirus crisis in New Jersey.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Latest updates - NY assemblyman dies, Cuomo reports NY's highest single-day death toll, NJ moves primary elections and Murphy orders nonessential construction to stop.Latest updates - Pence warns Philadelphia emerging as potential hot spot, NY assemblyman dies, Cuomo reports NY's highest single-day death toll, NJ moves primary elections and Murphy orders nonessential construction to stop.
- Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.
- New Jerseyans out of work due to COVID-19 are finding it impossible to claim unemployment benefits because of obsolete government technology and staffers overwhelmed by the volume of calls.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!