Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Coastal Flood ADVISORY in effect for:
Dozens line up outside famous Ocean County bakery for Christmas goodiesPosted: Updated:
Dozens of New Jerseyans lined up early outside a well-known Ocean County bakery Tuesday morning for Christmas baked goods.
Mueller’s Bakery in Bay Head was packed while customers waited for a chance to purchase the bakery’s famous crumb cake. The customers grabbed ticket numbers so they could wait for their turn.
And what makes the crumb cake so popular?
“It’s mostly crumbs on top and a little bit of cake,” says bakery employee Becca Bontempo. “It’s amazing. Crumb cake is the best.”
Mueller’s has been in business in New Jersey since 1890. It has survived hurricanes, nor’easters, flood sand storms at the Jersey Shore.
"This is the best bakery left in Ocean County and I come here every Christmas Eve, so it's a tradition,” says Don Worth of Toms River.
Mueller’s will be closed on Christmas Day.
- Gov. Phil Murphy and state officials discuss the latest updates on the coronavirus crisis in New Jersey.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Latest updates - NY assemblyman dies, Cuomo reports NY's highest single-day death toll, NJ moves primary elections and Murphy orders nonessential construction to stop.Latest updates - Pence warns Philadelphia emerging as potential hot spot, NY assemblyman dies, Cuomo reports NY's highest single-day death toll, NJ moves primary elections and Murphy orders nonessential construction to stop.
- Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.Plus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo says residents are flattening the curve.
- New Jerseyans out of work due to COVID-19 are finding it impossible to claim unemployment benefits because of obsolete government technology and staffers overwhelmed by the volume of calls.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.