Severe Thunderstorm WARNING in effect for:
Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Special Weather STATEMENT in effect for:
Spokesperson: Van linked to Jersey City shooting suspects found in OrangePosted: Updated:
A van that is linked to the two suspects in Tuesday's fatal shooting in Jersey City was found in Orange, according to a city spokesperson.
Police and the FBI are combing through the white van. Witnesses say investigators were in a parking lot on Central Avenue for more than two hours before hauling the van away.
The development comes as memorial services are being held this weekend for Douglas Miguel Rodriguez, who was one of the four people killed in the shooting.
Rodriguez, 49, was the store clerk inside a Jersey City kosher supermarket who was fatally shot. Visitation and funeral services for him were being held at the Michigan Memorial Funeral Home in Paterson from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday.
According to the funeral home, Rodriguez will be buried Ecuador, where he is from. His wife, Martha Freire, says she feels scared and that there isn't enough love.
Other store owners also spoke highly of Rodriguez.
"Miguel was a great person," said Nelson Rodriguez, owner of Patria Food Market. "He was a great, great guy. Honest. Responsible. Working man. Hard working man."
Loved ones mourned the deaths of store owner Leah Mindel Ferencz and Moshe Deusch, a customer at the supermarket, on Wednesday in accordance with the Orthodox-Jewish tradition.
The first victim, Detective Joseph Seals, will be laid to rest next week. Visitation services Monday will be followed by the funeral Tuesday morning.
Both will be held in Jersey City.
- The statewide total number of coronavirus cases in New Jersey now stands at 51,027 cases, after Gov. Phil Murphy just announced 3,748 new cases.
- Gov. Phil Murphy answers your questions about the COVID-19 outbreak in New Jersey in this special edition of "Ask Gov. Murphy."
- President Donald Trump called the testing operation in the U.S. “by far the most sophisticated and the best anywhere.”
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Latest updates - UFC 249 canceled, task force says more than 2 million tested in the U.S., 'SNL' to return with remote episode, and Connecticut delays schools reopening until May 20.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!