New York Health Department confirms 2nd vaping-related death

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, N.Y. -

New York's Department of Health has declared the state’s second death linked to a vaping-associated illness.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday the person who died was a man in his 30s from Manhattan with a reported history of using e-cigarettes and vapor products.

The first death, on Oct. 4, was of a 17-year-old boy from the Bronx.

The state said the teen had been hospitalized in early September for a respiratory illness related to vaping.

AP wire services helped contribute to this report.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."