MA authorities: Chemical mixture at Buffalo Wild Wings kills 1 employee, hospitalizes 10

Posted: Updated:
MASSACHUSETTS -

Authorities in Massachusetts say a Buffalo Wild Wings employee has died, and at least 10 people have been hospitalized, following a chemical mixture at the restaurant.

According to reports, officials responding Thursday night to reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen area found a male employee suffering from nausea.

Burlington police say they think he inhaled fumes from a cleaning agent.

The employee, whose name wasn't immediately released, was taken to a hospital, where he later died.

Authorities evacuated the restaurant and urged anyone who was inside at the time to get medical treatment, if needed.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is "shocked and saddened" and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The suburban Boston sports bar will remain closed while the investigation continues.

AP wire services helped contribute to this report.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."