Rain or shine? Several towns move Halloween celebrations due to expected rainPosted: Updated:
A number of towns across New Jersey are moving their Halloween celebrations due to the expected rain on Thursday.
North Plainfield has moved its trick-or-treating to Friday from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
South Plainfield has added Saturday as an additional trick-or-treating day. Residents can still trick-or-treat Thursday if they want to though.
Roxbury Township in Morris County and Mantua Township in Gloucester County are also postponing trick-or-treating to Friday.
Hammonton in Atlantic County has moved it to Wednesday night.
- Authorities say Roselle Park police officer Edward Nortrup shot himself after getting into a car accident in Matawan.
- Police say a suspect is wanted for fatally shooting a driver along the I-80 Saturday.Police say a suspect is wanted for fatally shooting a driver along the I-80 Saturday.
- The Ocean Gate Fire Department honored a 2-and-a-half-year-old boy who has had to battle for his health.
- While most students had Monday off for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, dozens of kids and adults in a Monmouth County school followed the message of the late leader to spread giving and kindness.
- Police say they are still investigating the cause of a fire in a Nutley home that killed a mother and her 7-year-old child Saturday.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans were expected to spend $490 million on costumes for their pets this past Halloween. But there's another special day to celebrate your furry friend!
- The National Board of Review assembled many of the regulars of this year’s awards season in the annual, untelevised gala dinner at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in midtown Manhattan.
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.