High school student accused of encouraging young girls to commit suicidePosted: Updated:
A high school student from Franklin Borough has been arrested, and is facing charges, after being accused of encouraging young girls to commit suicide.
The male student, accompanied by his parents, was arrested Monday around 6 p.m.
According to police, one girl, who goes to an elementary school in the township, posted on social media about suicide prevention.
Police say that’s when the high school student, a boy, commented, encouraging her to kill herself.
The same student is accused of sending a picture to another girl that showed a man pointing a gun at himself.
Neither of the girls harmed themselves.
He was charged with one count of cyber harassment.
He was released to the custody of his parents pending a first appearance in Sussex County Superior Court, Family / Juvenile division.
- Police say a suspect is wanted for fatally shooting a driver along the I-80 Saturday.Police say a suspect is wanted for fatally shooting a driver along the I-80 Saturday.
- Police say they are still investigating the cause of a fire in a Nutley home that killed a mother and her 7-year-old child Saturday.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.