University Hospital in Newark holds event offering free cancer screeningsPosted: Updated:
The third annual See, Test & Treat health screening event is being held at the Rutgers Cancer Institute in University Hospital in Newark Saturday, where attendees can get free cancer screenings.
Those who are uninsured or underinsured can get free health screenings with same-day results and access to follow-up care. There is also a community health fair being held at the hospital.
The screenings available include breast and cervical cancer screenings, hepatitis C screenings, blood pressure checks, HPV vaccines, eye exams and colo-rectal screening kits.
Registration is required for breast, cervical and hepatitis C screenings. All other services will be available on a walk-in basis.
Breast cancer is expected to claim the lives of over 42,000 people this year. When breast cancer is detected in its earliest stages, the 5-year survival rate is 98%.
Organizers say viewed materials will be available in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Creole.
- Officials say they're investigating a police-involved shooting that left one dead in Monmouth County Friday night.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- A Warren Hills High School football game was canceled after two football players tested positive for mononucleosis.
- Rep. Mikie Sherrill discusses her decision to endorse the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.Rep. Mikie Sherrill discusses her decision to endorse the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.
- Investigators are asking for the public's help to identify a woman’s body found floating in the Hudson River.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.