Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Rep. Gottheimer announces plan to curb underage vapingPosted: Updated:
New Jersey Rep. Josh Gottheimer announced a bill Monday to curb underage vaping.
Gottheimer says that the bill includes a ban on the online sales of all tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes, and banning flavored vaping liquids in New Jersey.
The Democratic congressman is also pushing for all schools to have e-cigarette vapor sensors. Gottheimer says that in the time before vaping, it was easier to tell if students were smoking at school.
“You knew the kids were smoking cigarettes. You'd smell it from the bathrooms. But vaping is odorless. Students are literally vaping in the back of classrooms and in bathrooms and you don't know about it, “he says. “And kids who start vaping, often can't stop. Why? Because they're incredibly addictive."
Gottheimer says there have been more than 500 vaping-related lung illnesses and eight deaths around the country – 16% of those illnesses involve teens.
- Coastal storm topples trees, cuts power to thousands as high wind warning in effect todayCoastal storm topples trees, cuts power to thousands as high wind warning in effect today
- Authorities in Jackson have arrested a man wanted since late September, accused of choking and shocking a woman multiple times with a Taser in a Wawa parking lot.
- Police in Woodland Park are looking for the woman who tried to lure a child in front of a school during dismissal.
- Two men from New Jersey are part of a group of 337 people across the globe arrested and charged as part of a massive child pornography ring shut down by the Department of Justice.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.