New Jersey ups security for upcoming Jewish holidaysPosted: Updated:
New Jersey law enforcement officials say that they will increase security and remain vigilant for any threats as the upcoming Jewish holidays approach.
Bergen County leaders held a security briefing Friday with Jewish community leaders to discuss any threats that the Jewish community perceives there to be.
Police says that there will be increased security around houses of worship.
"We in law enforcement are prepared for these High Holy Days. We are vigilant, and we ask you…also to be vigilant,” says Bergen County Prosecutor Mark Musella.
The first of the High Holy Days, Rosh Hashanah, begins a week from Sunday.
- Those heading to the new American Dream mall in East Rutherford will be paying for more than just shopping and entertainment.
- Police in New York City say a Department of Transportation employee was killed after one of his colleagues driving a truck accidentally struck and ran him over.
- Authorities in Paterson have arrested a man in connection with the murder of a DoorDash delivery driver.
- Police in Atlantic City are asking for the public’s help identifying a body that washed up on a jetty.
- Moorestown-based maternity wear retailer Destination Maternity has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.Moorestown-based maternity wear retailer Destination Maternity has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.Here's the 2019 lineup for the Count Basie Center for the Performing Arts.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.