Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Popular bakery reopens 2 months after car drives through front windowPosted: Updated:
A popular Bergen County bakery has reopened just two months after a car drove through the front of the shop, pinning the owner behind the counter.
Zadies Bakery owner Adam Steinberg was not seriously hurt when a customer drove through the front window back in July. Officials say that the driver accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake.
“Pretty much destroyed the whole store,” says owner Ann Steinberg.
After about two months of rebuilding and renovations, the Fair Lawn bakery is back in business and ready to serve its customers – customers who are happy to have their favorite treats once again.
“It’s taking me home to growing up and the kinds of treats we used to get,” says Stanley Green, of Hawthorne.
“I’m one of those people who, when they open for Rosh Hashana at 6 a.m., I’m waiting in front,” says David Spielman of Teaneck.
The Steinbergs say that they want to thank all of their customers who supported them during this time.
The store will have an official grand reopening on Sunday.
- Coastal storm topples trees, cuts power to thousands as high wind warning in effect todayCoastal storm topples trees, cuts power to thousands as high wind warning in effect today
- Authorities in Jackson have arrested a man wanted since late September, accused of choking and shocking a woman multiple times with a Taser in a Wawa parking lot.
- Vice President Mike Pence says that Turkey has agreed to a cease-fire in Syria.Vice President Mike Pence says that Turkey has agreed to a cease-fire in Syria.
- Police in Woodland Park are looking for the woman who tried to lure a child in front of a school during dismissal.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.