4 Jersey City officers caught on camera kicking man avoid jail timePosted: Updated:
(AP) - New Jersey authorities say four police officers caught on camera kicking a man after a fiery crash will not face jail time.
Hudson County Prosecutor Esther Suarez says Tuesday that Jersey City Police Lieutenant Keith Ludwig, MD Khan, Officer Eric Kosinski, and Officer Francisco Rodriguez will not be sentenced to jail but will be prohibited from working in law enforcement in the state.
The officers were involved in a high-speed chase in June 2017 when three officers fired shots at the suspect during pursuit. The suspect's vehicle then crashed into a car driven by Miguel Feliz-Rodriguez.
Both vehicles caught on fire. Video footage shows that when Feliz-Rodriguez got out of his car, he was beaten and dragged by Ludwig and Khan.
All four officers pleaded guilty to charges in connection to the crash.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police say a driver lost control of his car and slammed it into the front of a home in Paterson.Police say a driver lost control of his car and slammed it into the front of a home in Paterson.
- A Teaneck man was arrested for allegedly robbing two people during an apparent drug transaction.A Teaneck man was arrested for allegedly robbing two people during an apparent drug transaction.
- A Jersey City man has been convicted of murder in the 2018 death of a toddler.A Jersey City man has been convicted of murder in the 2018 death of a toddler.
- Officials are offering a $1,500 reward to help find a hit-and-run driver who severely injured a child in Watchung.
- A Berkeley Township bus driver was arrested Thursday for being under the influence while on the job, police say.
- Officials say they're investigating a police-involved shooting that left one dead in Monmouth County Friday night.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- A Warren Hills High School football game was canceled after two football players tested positive for mononucleosis.
- Rep. Mikie Sherrill discusses her decision to endorse the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.Rep. Mikie Sherrill discusses her decision to endorse the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.
- Investigators are asking for the public's help to identify a woman’s body found floating in the Hudson River.