Coastal Flood WARNING in effect for:
Coastal Flood ADVISORY in effect for:
Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Murphy signs bill allowing Golden Nugget casino to accept bets on most NBA gamesPosted: Updated:
Gov. Phil Murphy has signed a bill allowing Atlantic City's Golden Nugget casino to accept bets on most National Basketball Association games.
Texas billionaire Tilman Fertitta owns the casino - and also owns the NBA's Houston Rockets.
When New Jersey lawmakers legalized sports betting last year, a provision in the law banned team owners from placing or accepting bets on any games involving their sport.
It was directly aimed at the Golden Nugget and enacted over protests that Nevada regulators allow Fertitta's casinos to take bets on pro basketball games as long as they don't involve the Rockets.
The bill Murphy signed Friday brings New Jersey in line with regulations in Nevada and Mississippi, which also allow Fertitta's casinos to handle NBA bets that don't involve the Rockets.
The Associated Press wire services contributed to this report.
- Voters in two local school districts have decided to raise their own taxes to fund mental health services in their schools.
- Here’s where to snag some great deals on National Fast Food Day on Nov. 16, 2019.Here’s where to snag some great deals on National Fast Food Day on Nov. 16, 2019.
- The Thanks4Giving kicked off Saturday with hundreds of runners in Asbury Park raising money for the Special Olympics New Jersey.
- Officials say five people are in custody in connection to the shooting at Pleasantville High School during a football game Friday night that left three people injured.
- State Fish and Wildlife officials located a coyote's den just a day after someone was attacked by one of the animals near Rutgers University.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury