Coastal Flood WARNING in effect for:
Coastal Flood ADVISORY in effect for:
Wind ADVISORY in effect for:
Manasquan Beach closed due to high surf, rip current advisoriesPosted: Updated:
Manasquan Beach in Monmouth County is closed to swimming Saturday due to high surf and rip current advisories.
Hurricane Dorian passed off the coast of New Jersey Friday, churning up rough surf and strong currents.
Officials say the beach is closed due to potentially dangerous currents with waves about 4 to 5 feet.
Chief lifeguard Doug Anderson says they had to rescue a young man on a boogie board in the morning as he was visibly exhausted trying to fight the current and was heading toward the rocks.
Lifeguards opened a section of the beach on Whiting Avenue to surfers.
- Voters in two local school districts have decided to raise their own taxes to fund mental health services in their schools.
- The Thanks4Giving kicked off Saturday with hundreds of runners in Asbury Park raising money for the Special Olympics New Jersey.
- Officials say five people are in custody in connection to the shooting at Pleasantville High School during a football game Friday night that left three people injured.
- State Fish and Wildlife officials located a coyote's den just a day after someone was attacked by one of the animals near Rutgers University.
- This week, we're putting the spotlight on the Rahway Community Action Organization in Union County.This week, we're putting the spotlight on the Rahway Community Action Organization in Union County.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury