Manasquan Beach closed due to high surf, rip current advisoriesPosted: Updated:
Manasquan Beach in Monmouth County is closed to swimming Saturday due to high surf and rip current advisories.
Hurricane Dorian passed off the coast of New Jersey Friday, churning up rough surf and strong currents.
Officials say the beach is closed due to potentially dangerous currents with waves about 4 to 5 feet.
Chief lifeguard Doug Anderson says they had to rescue a young man on a boogie board in the morning as he was visibly exhausted trying to fight the current and was heading toward the rocks.
Lifeguards opened a section of the beach on Whiting Avenue to surfers.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A portion of Route 206 in Sussex County was shut down for a time after a dump truck struck a person.A portion of Route 206 in Sussex County was shut down for a time after a dump truck struck a person.
- A fisherman from Canada has died after he slipped and fell on the Manasquan Inlet jetty.A fisherman from Canada has died after he slipped and fell on the Manasquan Inlet jetty.
- Un joven padre de familia está cada vez más cerca de la muerte.Un joven padre de familia está cada vez más cerca de la muerte.
- National Hockey League players announced Monday they will not opt out of the collective bargaining agreement, guaranteeing labor peace until at least 2022.
- "Saturday Night Live" has rescinded its invitation to a cast member who posted a video last year in which he used a racial slur for Chinese people and derided Asians trying to learn English.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.
- A variety of artists will be performing at the Prudential Center in Newark for the rest of 2019 and beyond. Ticket information for the various shows can be found HERE.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.