Hurricane Dorian causes rough surf, gusty winds around New JerseyPosted: Updated:
New Jersey is seeing some effects of Hurricane Dorian, but luckily the storm will stay far away from the Garden State.
News 12 New Jersey Meteorologist Mike Favetta says that Dorian will cause rough surf and gusty winds. A coastal flood advisory for areas in southern New Jersey from Friday will continue into Saturday.
The National Weather Service says there is a high rip current risk at the Jersey Shore. Swimmers are advised to stay out of the ocean.
Saturday is expected to have mostly sunny skies, but Favetta says that the temperatures will remain cooler than average for the weekend. Saturday will see highs in the mid- to upper-70s.
Sunday will see mostly sunny skies with a high of around 79 degrees.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Authorities are now offering a $30,000 reward for information that helps find a 5-year-old girl who went missing from a Cumberland County park as the search hits day five.
- A Morris County man is facing a nine-count indictment for alleged terrorist activities and separate marriage fraud offenses.
- A woman in Mountain Lakes, Morris County received a surprise visitor while watering her flowers -- a large black bear.
- The two-day festival, Sea.Hear.Now, is back this weekend, and features over 25 performances on three stages on the Asbury Park Waterfront.
- An Amazon delivery truck went rogue in Freehold -- and it was all caught on camera.An Amazon delivery truck went rogue in Freehold -- and it was all caught on camera.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.