Iconic Wildwood tramcars shortening travel routes because of boardwalk damagePosted: Updated:
The iconic Wildwood tramcars are shortening their travel routes for the rest of the season because damage was found on the boardwalk.
The yellow tramcars have been running on the boardwalk since 1949.
The cars typically transport passengers between 16th Street in North Wildwood down to Cresse Avenue in Wildwood.
But since the discovery of damaged concrete supports under the boardwalk, the tramcars have been forced to end a few blocks short.
The cars will stop running end of September, and operate up to the Wildwood Convention Center.
Gov. Phil Murphy recently vetoed a bill that would have funded aging infrastructure down the shore.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Law enforcement officials have issued an Amber Alert for a 5-year-old girl who went missing in Bridgeton Monday afternoon.
- Members of the northern New Jersey community have come together to mourn with and support the family of a 2-year-old boy struck and killed by a dump truck Monday morning.
- Dozens of children were forced to leave the soccer field Monday when fumes coming from the Keegan Landfill became too dangerous.
- Family members of a missing Monmouth County woman say that they fear something bad happened to her prior to her home being set on fire.
- New Jersey authorities say four police officers caught on camera kicking a man after a fiery crash will not face jail time.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.
- A variety of artists will be performing at the Prudential Center in Newark for the rest of 2019 and beyond. Ticket information for the various shows can be found HERE.