Prosecutor: 3-hour standoff with police ends peacefullyPosted: Updated:
A three-hour standoff with police in Middlesex Borough ended peacefully and without injury, according to the county prosecutor.
Authorities have not released a lot of information about the situation, but say that police were called to a Mountain Avenue home around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday for reports of a distraught man.
Negotiators were able to convince the man, who was not identified, to leave his home a little more than three hours after they arrived.
Police say that no charges have been filed, but the man is in custody pending the outcome of the investigation.
Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The FBI has joined in on the search for a 5-year-old girl believed to have been abducted from a park in Cumberland County.
- Come Oct. 1, 2020, if you do not have a passport, you will need what's known as a Real ID to fly within the United States.
- Refuerzan vigilancia policial en escuela de Oceanside, LI. Buscan hombre por dos intentos de violación en Park Slope, Brooklyn.
- A new facility to help children with special needs has just opened in Livingston.A new facility to help children with special needs has just opened in Livingston.
- A New Jersey woman had to fight through a series of illnesses to finally complete her dream of becoming a doctor.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Borgata in Atlantic City.